Path: Computer > Miscellanea
An untidy collection of stuff that has loosely to do with computers and programming them. People who have never fallen prey to the fascination of creating software may find some of this not funny at all. Programmers are not entirely normal, just like the rest of us.
- Hackers and Crackers: all the negative press about EVIL HACKERS notwithstanding, there is a fine line between these two groups. (Yeah, I am fighting windmills here. So be it.)
- How to Destroy a Hard Disk: sounds like a joke, but in times of identity theft this is a serious question with some serious answers.
- How to Remove the Linux Virus: helpful hints and survival advice for people whose machines caught the Linux virus
- How to Remove the Windows Virus: same for those whose PCs caught the Windows virus
- Jargon File: this is, for some people, a sort of “bible”. It sure is a good read.
- Programmers are Optimists: Indeed, although some users think programmers are masochistic sadists.
- Selfish: well, it's a fish.
- The Sony Rootkit: Sony is one of three or four companies from whom I will never, ever buy another product. Why? Well, because of this beastly rootkit business, among other things.
- Wiki and Wiki Example: a few words about Wikis.
$updated from: Miscellanea.htxt Sat 18 Jan 2014 13:14:24 thomasl (By Thomas Lauer)$